Saturday, 28 January 2017

emerging artist: Mia Riley







"My work is centered on my relationship to the natural environment. I believe that what defines the wilderness is what we project upon it; that a journey into this environment is also a journey within oneself. The contrast found between using our external experience of solitary natural settings to stem the discovery of internal meditations has become the foundation for my recent work. I research ways in which visual elements of contrast can symbolize dualities that exist within a larger context, most notably in regards to an individual’s relationship to natural landscapes. In creating contemplative vessels I seek to evoke opposing feelings; intimacy and distance, movement and quiet, and roughness and softness."

www.miariley.ca

No comments: