HAMILTON ARTISTS INC. IS SEEKING APPLICANTS FOR EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Artists Inc. is committed to the presentation of contemporary art and
related practices. The Inc. facilitates critical dialogue surrounding
issues in contemporary art through exhibitions, publication,
performances and public events. The Inc. actively
engages in community arts programming and educational initiatives that
represent the breadth and depth of cultural life in our city and beyond.
As the Executive Director for the Hamilton Artists Inc., the
successful candidate will combine their strong leadership experience and
initiative with strategic and creative decision making to strengthen
the capacity and operational oversight of the organisation.
The Executive Director is responsible for the successful
leadership, development and management of the organisation according to
the strategic direction set in partnership with the Board of Directors.
The successful candidate will report to the Board of Directors and will
be required to manage staff and oversee volunteers; contribute to the
delivery of exceptional programming; manage the day-to-day finances and
operations of the gallery; maintain accurate and timely communications
with the membership and community at large.
The Executive Director is the organisation’s ambassador to the
Arts Community and beyond, and as such, is responsible for building
strong, inclusive partnerships with diverse community groups and
institutions while fostering relationships with curators, artists,
donors and sponsors.
The Hamilton Artists Inc. is looking for a candidate who is adaptable, organized and self-motivated.
The Executive Director position for the Hamilton Artists
Inc. is a full time position with a salary commensurate with experience,
beginning July 6, 2016.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a non-profit art gallery or equivalent arts administrative experience.
- Experience managing budgets and grant writing.
- Supervisory experience.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word), data management, Quickbooks or other accounting software.
- A solid knowledge of Canadian and
international contemporary art, an understanding of the local and
regional arts communities, as well as a commitment to issues of
inclusivity within these communities.
- Fluency in both official languages, written and verbal, considered an asset.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manages staff, interns, and volunteers.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the gallery.
- Works with the Board Treasurer to control and oversee budgets and financial resources to manage the operations of the gallery.
- Administers the funds of the
organisation according to the approved budget, and monitors the monthly
cash flow of the organisation.
- Collaborates with staff and board to
develop and deliver programming including gallery exhibitions, external
projects, auxiliary and off-site programming.
- Researches and writes grants, reports, operational and other funding opportunities that may be available.
- In addition to the Chair of the
Board, is the public representative of the organisation, and as such,
attends and sits on several community groups and committees.
- Identifies and develops contacts with
schools, community agencies and cultural organisations, building
partnerships that support community outreach and learning.
- Oversees and contributes to the
activities of the gallery’s functioning committees: Programming,
Fundraising, Communications and Membership Outreach, Special Events and
Merchandising, and Building and Facilities.
- Prepares online communications and marketing for events and activities.
- Manages membership database and communications.
- Works with the Board of Directors in creating and monitoring inclusive, strategic and development plans for the organisation.
- Implements and monitors metrics for the evaluation of programs and community impact.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a resume, cover letter,
and contact information with two references by 12 PM on June 12, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org with Executive Director Applicant in the subject line.
HAMILTON ARTISTS INC. 155 JAMES ST N, HAMILTON, ON
See the job posting here.