That's right folks, you read it right...I'm heading back to my home away from home Australia this May. I can barely wait to visit old friends, make new ones, see and experience the amazing Australian Ceramics scene again! Join me for a one day workshop in Sydney!
Narrative & Controversy
A one-day workshop with Carole Epp
Saturday 7 May 2016, 10am – 4pm
Square 1 Studios
32 Bowden St Alexandria NSW 2015
Cost: $85 per person ($75 TACA members)
Carole is a Canadian ceramic artist living and working in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. She received her Masters Degree in Ceramics from the Australian National University in 2005 and has maintained a full time studio practice since. Her ceramics branch off into two distinct bodies of work – sculptural and functional.
Outline: Come and join Carole for a raucous day of story telling about her ceramics. She’ll divulge her handbuilding and throwing secrets and discuss her glazed surface treatments. Demonstrations about how she brings narrative into functional and sculptural work – from politics and social commentary, to humour and whimsy – will be discussed. Participants will learn how to combine narrative concerns alongside design and aesthetic concerns in their work. There will be lots of demos and also some chat about social media. You may already know Carole from her famous blog: http://musingaboutmud.blogspot.com.au.
Note: This is not a hands-on workshop.
Seminar Fee: $85 per person ($75 TACA members)
This fee covers the tutors and morning and afternoon tea.
Please note: Full payment is required to ensure a place.
Minimum number in the workshop: 8
Maximum number in the workshop: 15
Participants need to bring a notepad and pen, lunch and a mug for coffee and tea. The workshop fee covers morning tea and afternoon tea.
Parking: Enter via Harvey Norman car park at the dead-end of McCauley St. Drive in and find a park. Walk along keeping the canal on your left and look for the red square on the outside of the warehouse. That’s the entrance to Square 1 Studios. Come upstairs to Level 1.
Please arrive by 9.45am as we will start promptly at 10am.
Payment for the seminar:
- Cheque (made out to The Australian Ceramics Association) & post to PO Box 677 Alexandria NSW 1435
- Direct deposit (Account name: The Australian Ceramics Association; BSB 032000; account no. 911118). PLEASE IDENTIFY YOUR DEPOSIT WITH YOUR SURNAME, then please send an email to email@example.com giving details of your payment.
- Credit card (Visa, MasterCard) – phone / mail / fax
- Go to our online shop and purchase this workshop.
- Payment is required to ensure a place in the workshop.
- Payment is refunded in full if TACA cancels the workshop.
- 90% of your payment is refunded if you cancel up to 2 weeks before the workshop date.
- PLEASE NOTE: There is no refund if you cancel within 2 weeks of the workshop, unless we can fill your place from a waiting list and then 90% of your payment is refunded.
The Australian Ceramics Association
PO Box 677 Alexandria NSW 2015
T: 1300 720 124 | F: 02 8072 1804