A one-day demo & chat with Carole Epp and Mariko Paterson
Saturday 7 May 2016, 10am – 4pm
Square 1 Studios, 32 Bowden St Alexandria NSW 2015
Tutors: Carole Epp (www.caroleepp.com) & Mariko Paterson (www.foragestudios.com)
Carole Epp and Mariko Paterson were most likely separated at birth but they are now joined again to swim the treacherous, subversive, and even devious waters of ceramics. While they work across the country from each other in separate studios (Saskatoon and Halifax respectively) they telepathically connect every day (well on Facebook Chat) about their work, life and pursuit of motorcycle excellence. Narrative ceramics, illustration and the love of small things (kids, cats, wiener dogs to name a few) draw them together, but so have their approach to ceramics.
So come join us for a raucous day of story telling à la ceramics. Like Penn and Teller they’ll divulge their handbuilding and throwing secrets with abandon. Like Donny and Marie they’ll belt out their harmonious image transfer and drawing strength compatibilities. Like Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban they’ll strut their ‘red carpet’ glazed surface treatments. But most importantly, like Thelma and Louise they’ll steal your hearts. They double dare you to sign up. And they quadruple dare you to show up.
Note: This is not a hands-on workshop
Seminar Fee: $125 per person ($115 TACA members)
This fee covers the tutors and morning tea.
Please note: Full payment is required to ensure a place.
Minimum number in the workshop: 8
Maximum number in the workshop: 15
Participants need to bring a notepad and pen, lunch and a mug for coffee and tea.
The workshop fee covers morning tea and afternoon tea.
Please arrive by 9.45am as we will start promptly at 10am.
Payment for the seminar:
- Cheque (made out to The Australian Ceramics Association) & post to PO Box 677 Alexandria NSW 1435
- Direct deposit (Account name: The Australian Ceramics Association; BSB 032000; account no. 911118). PLEASE IDENTIFY YOUR DEPOSIT WITH YOUR SURNAME, then please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org giving details of your payment.
- Credit card (Visa, MasterCard) – phone / mail / fax
- Go to our online shop and purchase this workshop.
- Payment is required to ensure a place in the workshop.
- Payment is refunded in full if TACA cancels the workshop.
- 90% of your payment is refunded if you cancel up to 2 weeks before the workshop date.
- PLEASE NOTE: There is no refund if you cancel within 2 weeks of the workshop, unless we can fill your place from a waiting list and then 90% of your payment is refunded.
The Australian Ceramics Association
PO Box 677 Alexandria NSW 2015
T: 1300 720 124 | F: 02 8072 1804