- Teach in all levels of the BFA and MFA in Craft Media program; studio and lecture/seminar courses
- Contribute actively to curriculum development in the School of Craft + Emerging Media and the strategic initiatives of ACAD’s Research and Academic Affairs
- Maintain research/studio practice and contribute to research and scholarship in the field of contemporary craft, specifically ceramics
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuing pedagogical and academic excellence
- Provide service to the Faculty and College governance framework, including outreach activities that contribute to the academic life and profile of the College
- An MFA
- A minimum of three (3) years post-secondary teaching experience at the graduate and undergraduate levels in studio, lecture, and seminar class formats
- A minimum of three (3) years of research/studio practice outside of post-secondary education
- Sound knowledge of ceramic technologies including wheel throwing, hand-building, mold-making and casting, clay and glaze technology, and kiln firing
- Experience with object design and digital fabrication technologies
- Experience teaching and working in interdisciplinary and/or trans-disciplinary contexts
- A comprehensive knowledge of Ceramics history, contemporary theory and discourse in ceramics practices
- A broad knowledge of history, theory and practice as it applies to Craft, Art and Design
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, time-management, and organizational skills
- The ability to facilitate collaboration in studio production or research
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and time management/organizational skills
- A community-minded and team oriented attitude
How to Apply
>>>Please submit applications by clicking on the Apply Now tab at the bottom of this page. The application must include a current cover letter, a current CV, and the following:
of research, professional practice, creative activities, publications
and /or exhibitions, including a digital portfolio of recent studio work
containing twenty (20) images accompanied by a corresponding numbered
list including titles, medium and size
- A statement outlining philosophies and practices regarding teaching and studio practice
- Names and contact information for three (3) professional referees
Review of applications will begin on January 15th, 2016 and will continue until the position is filled or the search is closed.
The preferred method to submit your application is the “Upload Resume” option. When uploading your file, combine all required material into a single PDF document. Include all required support material in your PDF document – incomplete submissions may not be considered. Please visit ACAD’s How to Apply page to ensure your application is complete prior to submission.
Further information about the College is available on our website at www.acad.ca.
ACAD is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of the College. We encourage expressions of interest from all qualified applicants for consideration for this or other suitable vacancies although applications from Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
The collection of personal information is for the purpose of determining eligibility and suitability for employment as authorized by the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act, section 33(c). If you have any questions about the collection of your information, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or (403)284-7683.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.