The Art Gallery of NSW is pleased to announce internship opportunities for Semester 1, 2012. Applications for these internships are due by 30 March 2012. A second round of internships will be offered in Semester 2 and in summer 2012/13, pending available projects.
- Internships are generally available only to currently enrolled tertiary-level students.
- Priority is given to students enrolled in museum studies, art history, visual arts, art education or arts administration courses, and in particular to those students for whom an internship is a course requirement.
- Preference is given to students enrolled in educational institutions in New South Wales.
Information for applicants
- Internships at the Art Gallery of NSW are greatly sought after by many people, which makes the application process highly competitive.
- Each application will be assessed on its merits.
- Your application should respond to one of the calls for interns.
- Please read the description carefully and address the selection criteria in your cover letter.
- Successful applicants will be subject to an interview to further determine their suitability.
- Successful applicants may be subject to security clearance and working-with-children checks.
How to apply
1. Download the application form below, print it and complete it.
Internship application form (PDF 35.7 KB)
2. Send the following:
- Completed application form
- Covering letter, clearly addressing the selection criteria
- Curriculum vitae
- Two references with contact details (one or more recent or current lecturers or tutors recommended)
- Any other documents from your educational institution supporting your case for internship and detailing internship requirements
Tertiary programs co-ordinator
Art Gallery of New South Wales
Art Gallery Road
The Domain Sydney NSW 2000
Applications Close 30 March 2012
For more info and a full list of internships available please visit their website.