ClaySpace: Clay3 2012
28W210 Warrenville Road
Warrenville, IL 60555
Event Dates: 3/2/12 - 4/1/12
Entry Deadline: 12/10/11
Images - Minimum: 1 , Maximum: 3
Entry Fee (ClaySpace: Clay3 2012): $30.00
(per image over minimum): $
"For some, the space inside a 12" cube will seem nearly infinite, while others will have to re-imagine their work just to squeeze it in. I challenge all ceramic artists, from functional potters to sculptors to installation artists… To see the 12" glass cube through the eyes of inspiration rather than limitation!
The field of ceramics is bursting with some of the most fertile and creative minds in the contemporary art world and I look forward to seeing how the challenge of Clay3 is interpreted!"
- Steven Hill, Clay3 2012 Juror
Artist may have up to 3 entries for $30, with up to 3 images per entry.
•Clay3 will be juried from digital submissions by nationally recognized artist, Steven Hill
•Functional and sculptural ceramic art must fit within one cubic foot (12"X12"X12")
•Entry Deadline: December 10, 2011
*Exhibition will be held on March 3 - April 2, 2012 at Warrenville Public Library, 28W751 Stafford Place, Warrenville, IL 60555
12/10/11 - Deadline for Submissions
1/10/12 - Notification of Acceptance
2/22/12 - Deadline for Work Received
3/2/12 - Opening Reception
3/2/12 - 4/1/12 Exhibit Open to Public
4/1/12 - Close Show
4/4/12 - Work P/U at ClaySpace in Warrenville
4/15/12 - Begin Return Shipping of Work
Best of Show: $575
Second Best: $250
Third Place: $100
Honorable Mention: $75
1. Clay3 is open to all artist working in IL, MN, WI, OH, MI, KT, TN, AK, IA, and MO.
2. All work must be no larger than 12"x12"x12", and use 75% of clay as the primary medium.
3. All entries are presented to the juror in an anonymous manner.
4. All accepted works should not be too fragile for shipping and public display.
5. Accepted works may not be removed before the conclusion of the exhibition.
1. The postmark deadline for entries is 12/10/11.
2. The non-refundable entry is 1, 2, or 3 submissions for $30. Each entry must be paid in full.
3. Artists may submit up to three images per entry.
4. Artist whose works are accepted will receive shipping instructions.
5. Accepted work which differs significantly from the image provided will be rejected.
ClaySpace is responsible for all sales, will collect the Illinois sales tax, and will retain 25% of the selling price for its services. All prices quoted must be in US dollars.
ClaySpace reserves the right to photograph and publish entries.
Every reasonable precaution will me taken during receiving, installation, exhibition, and return of work, but ClaySpace, its employees, volunteers, and the Warrenville Library will assume no responsibility for loss or damage incurred. Artists must carry their own insurance.