I have procrastinated long enough. My excuse of being too busy during the pre-holiday season is no longer holding water. And, well, three years worth of junk collecting was likely enough. So today after dropping off the little guy for his first day of pre-school the time had arrived to start the studio clean up. I've got a show in April I desperately need to start working on, and frankly there wasn't a spare flat surface anywhere.
I should have taken a before photo, but forgot. In the end it was likely for the best since they make reality shows about people like me. They are called hoarders and intervention. Seriously who collects that much packing material?
So here's some photos to prove I did do some work today in an attempt to live up to my resolution.
Okay, well that first one is of a corner of the space I hadn't gotten to yet...(don't judge me please...)
I did clean out a whole other corner of the studio to house my new (extremely old second hand) kiln. Hopefully I can get the electrical up and running soon. Many pennies to be saved for that one. We need to do an electrical upgrade to the whole house to accomplish this. In the meantime I can gaze at the kiln's beauty and potential...
I also cleaned up an old shelf of my husband's motorbike mess to store my growing mold collection. Again so much possibility...
Oh and last but not least my company today, charming as always, but with his own potential. Potential for mass destruction.