High caliber of artists and high quality of art work are selected and screened on the basis of leading fashions and superb quality of creation in market trend. To ensure the uniqueness, the exhibition will adopt the system of initial evaluations and invitation that after the works selection, only the artists with invitations can participate in the Biennial and it aims to ensure both the artistry and originality.
During the Biennial, organizing committee will organize artists can talk about arts and creativity, exchange skills and ideas, which add beauty to the Shanghai 2010 Expo.
I Participation Requirements and Methods
1. The Biennial this year will invite the ceramists from all around the world.
2. The exhibits will be regarded as individual works (Please specify if team works.). It is allowed that every artist/team can have five sets or pieces of art work, two of which will be selected and paid the collection payment after review and appraisal. Please email us the artist's photo, the pot’s pictures (The photo size is not less than 1024KB, suitable for printing.), personal resume, creativity introduction (for book publication). (The total number of words account of the materials is limited to 300 words.) After the exhibits selection by the organizing committee, the artists who are intended to donate 2 art works and participate the opening cocktail party (with please the attendance number specified and confirmed by individuals or team organization), please fill out the Sign Up Form and Confirmation Feedback with Signature (in scanning) as soon as possible, so that the organizing committee can make the arrangement of unified scheduling for opening ceremony, 4 days and 3 nights of shanghai stay. (Please refer to the following attachments for further details.)During the exhibition all the works will published into a book volume, and to be distributed to the every artists. The exhibits should be the new pieces of work that have not been released or published or exhibited before (it is not limited by form, material or crafts).
3. 2010 2nd biennial is different with previous 2008 1st biennial. For the artist who participated previously in 2008 1st biennial, if you would like to donate one teapot artwork, you will be warmly invited and is entitled to enjoy our 4 days and 3 nights in Shanghai including the opening ceremony, pressing release, one-day tour and so on, free of charge. Like last time, your artwork and your bibliography will be published in our collection book.
4. Referring to the previous amount for teapot collection payment, this 2010 2nd biennial will still follow the high selection with teapot collection payment practice, a specific payment range will be paid to the artist who never been in our 1st biennial, which is determined by top standard with artistic quality of artworks.
5. No matter the artist participated our 1st biennial or not, as long as the teapot is really fantastic and outstanding artwork that reaches the requirement of organizing committee, no doubts that we really would like to pay the collection payment appraised on the committee, which is determined by top standard with artistic quality of artworks. If the artist would not able to join our biennial in Shanghai in person, he could deliver his teapots to Shanghai by postal service. ( post fee thus caused will be taken care of by artist own). If the artwork had been selected and accepted, the collection payment is sure to be deposited and wire-transferred to the artist’s personal bank account; the same goes to the collection book and any certificates by postal service. Please leave your detailed address and bank account in your application form.
6. Theoretically, we prefer one artist from one country with two artworks. Hope you could understand it seems a bit competitive but it’s fair because the collection payment for purchasing the artwork is dictate by the artistic and quality of artworks. As long the standard of artworks meets the requirement of organizing committee, the collection payment range could be seriously discussed. The organizing committee pays high attention to the high standard of artwork with artistic quality. All the artists participated in this exhibition will enjoy the Biennial for free. The selected exhibits will be collected by the committee of the China 2010 2nd Shanghai International Modern Pot Art Biennial Exhibition, and conferred and awarded the Acceptance Certificate and Collection Certificate. (If the artists do not intend to donate his or her ceramics, please make a statement in advance. Posting or mailing back the ceramic works is born on the artist's own expenses or the can bring it back with artist himself.)
7. It is both applicable whether the selected works are to be posted or mailed to organizing committee by the end of February, 2010 (postal costs born on artists themselves); or they are to be brought by artists themselves. Please be sure to take delicate care on its packaging and not to be broken or spoiled it, otherwise it will influence the exhibition effect.
8. The copyright of all the exhibits belong to the committee of the China 2010 2nd Shanghai International Modern Pot Art Biennial Exhibition. The committee has the right of publicizing, dissemination, publication and exchange with international ceramic works.
Itinerary: 4days, 3 nights, food, logistic and accommodation, free of charge
April 27, flight receiving, - unchanged
April 28, exhibition, opening ceremony, press release, cocktail party, etc. - unchanged
April 29, one day tour in Shanghai,
April 30, seeing off.
II Other Matters
1. If the works is considered as a copy which results in the matters of piracy or plagiarism, all the responsibility is taken by the artist himself. The committee does not have to do with it.
2. All the collected pot art work will be exhibited in Shanghai Arts and Crafts Museum, and meanwhile the museum will make some dissemination, publicity and promotions.
3. A professional Press will publish the China 2010 2nd Shanghai International Modern Pot Art Biennial Exhibition for the works selected.
4．The committee of the 2010 Second Shanghai International Pot Art Biennial Exhibition holds the explanation right of exhibition participation rules.
Shanghai Arts and Crafts Association,
Shanghai Arts and Crafts Museum,
Ceramic teapot of Yixing Sand Culture Research Institute affiliated to China ceramics Culture Research Center,
Shanghai Arts and Crafts Research Institute
Shanghai Arts and Crafts Society
Shanghai Industrial Design Association
Shanghai Arts and Crafts Vocational College
“Shanghai Arts and Crafts” Magazine
Shanghai SUNTAO Co., Ltd.,
Shanghai Handicraft Zhujiajiao Exhibition Center,
Ge, Jvn website: www.gejun.com.cn
IV Supporting Institution:
Shanghai Fast Quality Translation Office，
IIV Duration of Exhibition:
From April 28th --- May 28th
IIIV Venue of Exhibition:
Shanghai Arts and Crafts Museum,
IIIIV Date of Deadline Sign Up: By the End of Dec., 2009.
VV Contacts for Exhibition Works & Signing Up:
Institution: Ceramic Teapot of Yixing Sand Culture Research Institute affiliated to China Ceramics Culture Research Center
Contact Person：Anna Zhang, Carrie Chang
Tel: 86 21 6483 9312 / 86 136 0177 6548 / 86 139 1699 3839
VVI Contacts for Exhibition Works Postal:
Address: Building No.317, Wuning Rd., (S.), Shanghai, 200042
Contact: Mr. Ge, Jvn
TEL：+86 -21 -5256 2133
FAX：+86 -21 -5256 2511